Winner- Gold Award (Top Honor)
Winner- Sexiest Male Blogger
5= MITCHTSTERPIECE- a rare special film
4.5- Oscar winning material
4= MITCHNIFFICENT- a must see in the theatre
3.5- Theater recommended
3= MITCHERRIFIC- just good enough to pay for
2.5- Close but no cigar
2= MITCHERABLE- don't waste your time
1.5- So bad it's bad
1= MITCHTROCIOUS- just say no
.5- I hate this film
ZERO MITCH's = MITCHASTROPHE- reserved for "The Last Airbender"
By the name of this Top 5 you might guess I didn't like the new release, "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" which is the sequel 23 years later to the original "Wall Street". I want to know what your least favorite sequels of all time are.
5) Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987)
4) Bad Boys II (2003)
3) Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)
2) Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
1) Batman & Robin (1997)
Go to my lists page and see what my "20 WORST SEQUELS" are athttp://movieswithmitch.squarespace.com/lists/2010/5/22/mitchs-20-worst-sequels-of-all-time.html
This is pretty easy..I think these sequels sucked.
5. Star Wars Episode I(We got that in common, although I hated, numbers II, and III as well)4. X-Men the Last Stand3. 2 Fast 2 furious2. Men In Black II1. Speed 2:Cruise Control
Matrix revelationsSpider-Man 3Teenage Munant Ninja Turtles III
Those are all horrible sequels Joseph. Great list as always!
Any Pink Panther after Peter Sellers passed.
1. Battle Royale 22. Infernal Affairs 33. Live Free Or Die Hard4. Carlito's Way: Rise To Power (Technically a prequel)5. The Matrix Revolutions
I'm a big fan of Battle Royale. Not surprised the sequels sucks. Great list Shane!
1. Any Halloween sequel2. Any Jason sequel3. Any Nightmare on Elm Street sequelTake your pick from any of these other sequels Hostel, Jaws, Omen and there's probably many more I forget.
Honorable mention - movies that should never have been remade from their great originals - The Ring, Quarantine, Let Me In, and the soon to be made Girl with the Dragon Tattoo......
5)ARE WE DONE YET? took away whatever made the first one passable.4)BRING IT ON 3:ALL OR NOTHING was like a very long CW pilot.3)VAN WILDER 2:THE RISE OF TAJ and VAN WILDER 3:FRESHMAN YEAR tie as being the only ones here as bad as the first one.2)GARFIELD 2:A TALE OF TWO KITTIES,because the first one may have been bad but at least it resembled the cartoon.1)BRING IT ON 5:FIGHT TO THE FINISH was not only twice as different from the first one than the others but also had lame stereotypes.
In no order:-AVPR-Halloween 3- Jason X-Matrix Revolutions-Halloween II (rob zombie)
They've made five Bring It On's? That's horrible. Great list Vit!
OOOh good one with Halloween 2 the Rob Zombie version. Oh boy did I hate that one.
It upsets me the number of people who don't like the Star Wars prequels. I love them... Oh well...Here are my votes for the worst sequels:
5. Rocky V4. Freddy's Dead the Final Nightmare3. X-Men: the Last Stand2. Batman and Robin1. Any of the Jaws sequels (Jaws 2, Jaws 3-D, and Jaws the Revenge)
The Godfather Part IIIJurassic Park 3Home Alone 2: Lost in New York and Home Alone 3American Pie 2Ice Age: the Meltdown
1. Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
2. Dracula II: Ascension
3. Speed 2: Cruise Control
4. Nightmare on Elm Street 2&3
5. Jaws 2
Good choices Mitch, only I liked Bad Boys II
There are probably worse ones but I haven't seen them...
5 - Matrix Revolutions - Not a horrible movie overall, just a horrible ending to the the first Matrix.
4 - Halloween series - Remakes of sequels or sequels of remakes? Who cares!
3 - Dumb and Dumberer - The first trailer tried to hide the fact that there was no Jim Carrey or Jeff Daniels in this crappy sequel! And Hollywood appeals to our morality for pirating movies? Irony!
2 - All the Batman sequels - I know everyone thinks Schumacher destroyed the series, but as a kid I just shook my head when I saw Tim Burton's Penguin launch an attack on Gotham using an army of missile armed penguins! WTF? Let's hope Chris Nolan can finish off his trilogy with a bang to make up for those older Batmans...
1 - The Prequel Trilogy - Don't get me started. We forgave Lucas for being a sell out with those Ewoks because the first trilogy was so awesome. But this nonsensical video game crap? Jar Jar the fake looking cartoon character - that even little kids think is stupid - pretty much embodies what this whole trilogy stands for: Lucas mailing it in and collecting his billions. The only thing that Lucas seemed to remember about the old trilogy was the product licensing royalties.
1. Troll 22. Highlander 23. Halloween 34. Batman & Robin5. Speed 2
5. Speed 24. Quantum of Solace 3. Batman and Robin2. Matrix 31. All the straight to DVD American Pie series.
That's how it's done film ninja!!!
Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002)
Saw IV (2007)
Rocky V (1990)
The Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)
Jason X (2002)
4. All the new Star Wars
3. Save the last Dance 2
2. Butterfly Effect 2 and 3
1. Speed 2 Cruise Control
1. big top peewee2. Teen wolf 23. Doesnt matter cant be worse than those two
I'll list just one for effect:
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.